The incumbent will be responsible for the financial statements of the two key segments of the company Lending and Servicing , including preparing and maintaining the financial records, day to day accounting and contributing to internal management reporting. This role will also maintain a strong control environment to ensure accuracy of financial information and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control over financial reporting.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Summarize and report the statement of operations, financial position and changes in financial position and other financial information related to Ocwen's Lending and Servicing departments to both internal and external customers.
- Partner and collaborate with Business Partners and Accounting & Reporting Controllers, business/finance contacts and Subject Matter Experts to understand and resolve the US GAAP technical requests and queries and provide leadership accordingly.
- Review of primary financial instruments and transfer related accounting issues.
- Collaborate and review accounting and reporting Memos.
- Coordinate with business partners (e.g., Financial Reporting, Lending, Servicing, Valuation, Chief Investment Office, etc.) to identify, develop and communicate additions or updates to accounting policies.
- Regularly compile updates and formulate opinions on emerging accounting issues related to lines of business for discussion with the CAO.
- Participate in the accounting and reporting functions for Ocwen.
- Ensure monthly closing process and account reconciliations are completed within the preset timelines.
- Devise processes to cut down close timelines by process improvements and automation of information flow from the source to the accounting systems.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a system of internal controls that are Sarbanes-Oxley compliant.
- Support Company's other functions within the Finance umbrella- such as Tax, Treasury, FP&A, Internal Audit, Corp Strategy, etc.
- Supervise completion of monthly reports to management.
- Support management and business units through the preparation of analytical reports, trend and variance analysis.
- Direct and participate in special projects & process re-engineering efforts.
- Facilitate cost optimization through process improvements and providing inputs to management.
- Liaise with the internal and statutory auditors to provide timely and accurate information.
- Leading the preparation of financials statements of the company under statutory framework of various laws.
- CPA with 12 to 20 years of experience in finance and accounting domain
- 5-10 years Lending and Capital Markets experience required
- In-depth Knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- In-depth knowledge and strong exposure of scrutinization of general ledger and accrual process.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage lending and servicing businesses
- Reverse servicing experience preferred, but not required
- A successful track record of developing strong relationships across a broad range of leadership functions allowing the person to effectively influence and effect change.
- Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely translate technical accounting terms into simpler form.
- Must have a demonstrated and proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced deadline-driven and constantly changing environment.
- Strong people management, leadership and interpersonal skills
Company: Ocwen US
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen's mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put "Caring in Action" while growing your career.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.