The Senior Specialist, Claims Review, will be responsible for supporting and overseeing the company's operational activities to include, but not limited to; Quality Assurance Reviews; Audit Research and Responses. Will also be responsible for Operation's Policies-Procedures and Workflows; Training, and Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans; Special Projects. This position is a key member of the operations team supporting management in processes and problem resolution. Works closely with the operations team to ensure integrity of the processes. Plans for and organizes complex operational process reviews or projects. Conducts or oversees special policy analysis to meet specific regulatory requirements. Makes recommendations for action and assists in policy and procedure development, analysis and implementation; Assists in developing, analyzing and monitoring department/division processes; collects and reports data exceptions
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Performs quality assurance reviews of operational areas and reports to management.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external audit requests.
- Provides Quality Assurance Certification for initial and supplemental HUD claims before claim is filed to make decisions based off of loan facts if loan should be curtailed or not.
- Monthly default review of defaults from the prior month to ensure all data in the system is accurate.
- Monthly boarding of transfer loans.
- Recommend loan policy changes as necessary to ensure sound servicing controls.
- Performs training for operational departments.
- Participants in Business Continuity Plans/Disaster Recovery plans for all operational areas.
- Performs special assignments/projects related to operational departments.
- Provide direction in solving problems of unusual or complicated nature.
- Develop and foster positive internal relations associated with processing Default and Foreclosure transactions.
- Support operational departments as a "floater" during periods of high volumes and/or personnel on vacation.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. This position has a high financial impact on the company as part of the responsibilities is the certification for curtailment on all initial and supplemental claims before the HUD claim is filed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- Minimum of 3 years' mortgage loan servicing experience
- Home Equity Conversion Loan (HECM) experience preferred
- Detail oriented, highly organized and customer service oriented to communicate with other departments and manager.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective one-on-one and small group communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Outlook
- Sound mathematical and analytical skill
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.