The inventory specialist is responsible for the receiving, movement, and tracking of mail packages and hardcopy inventory, including borrowers' loan files and trailing documents. This position can require several hours of standing and lifting of boxes daily as business needs dictate. The inventory specialist is a frontline production employee whose performance is evaluated by efficiency in assigned tasks as well as accuracy. This position reports up to the Trailing & Receiving Team Lead.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receiving servicing files and trailing documents from offsite storage.
- Inventorying boxes to warehouse rack locations.
- Pulling files and boxes from warehouse inventory as requested.
- Prepping and packaging documents for offsite shipping.
- Maintaining accurate and timely reporting on all inventory movement.
- Reporting on daily production through work log entries.
- Performing routine warehouse checklist items.
- Complete any required warehouse certification courses.
- Maintain a 100% minimum efficiency in all assigned production tasks on monthly HRD reporting.
- Standing for hours at a time in warehouse as business needs dictate.
- Identifying and recording account numbers off files/documents in front of a PC daily.
- Lifting of banker's boxes with weight up to 35 lbs.
Any additional tasks assigned by team lead or supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Candidate must be able to lift banker's boxes with weight up to 35 lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have keen attention to detail.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable in all Microsoft based applications.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Prior work in a warehouse setting preferred.
- College level coursework or degree preferred.
- Prior knowledge of mortgage loan documents preferred.
Shifts and Schedules: Shifts will consist of 8 hours paid with ½ hour or 1 hour unpaid lunch breaks. Shift times will fall within 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST timeframe.
Ocwen Mortgage Servicing, Inc. ("OMS") is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation ("Ocwen") (NYSE:OCN), the largest independent mortgage loan servicers in the United States. Based in St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands, OMS was created to own and manage Ocwen's global mortgage loan servicing assets and operations. Ocwen is widely recognized in government, industry, community and media circles as a leader in foreclosure prevention, mainly through loan modifications. Over the past few years, Ocwen has enjoyed significant growth in its loan servicing portfolio and market capitalization, largely as a result of successfully integrating servicing platforms acquired from large financial institutions.
Make a difference by working in this dynamic, growing field for one of the most innovative and fastest-growing companies in the mortgage servicing industry.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Company: Ocwen US
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen's mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put "Caring in Action" while growing your career.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.