Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Post Closing, the Post Closing Team Lead's responsibilities include the coordination of the day-to day mortgage post-closing operation including but not limited to the review, audit and remediation of closed loan packages, government loan insuring and final documents. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong leadership skills and is a subject matter expert in all aspects of the Post Closing process. The Team Lead assists Post-Closing leadership with production, quality, cycle time, knowledge transfer, and systems.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Point of contact for internal and external partners for questions and resolution.
- Serves as SME supporting process improvements, projects and training.
- Monitor timely receipt of all outstanding closing documents from Closing Agents and Attorney's offices.
- Point of contact for all incoming loan document packages and Final Docs, staged for scanning.
- Ensure proper scanning of all documents to Encompass, Flow MSR, and/or Doc Viewer.
- Ensure timely shipping to Custodian for all Government Final Docs, FHA/VA/(USDA).
- As needed, assign daily workflow to on-site staff / Post-Closers.
- Assist with managing workflow FHA/VA remittance of MIP/VA Funding and Government Reporting
- Assist in managing workflow of FHA/VA insuring process and FHA/VA remittance of MIP/VA funding, and all final documents.
- Assist in rectifying issues preventing loans from timely insurance with FHA/VA.
- Manage Correspondent, CD, and MSR final document received volume and ensure team is compliant with SLA timeline for review and system update of documents.
- Answer questions from Post-Closers and assist with Post-Closing e-mails
- Monitor and review Early Check reports and LQA
- Assist in managing overall workflow or post-closing activities related to team responsibilities
- Communicate with closing agents and Attorney's offices to ensure timely resolution of documentation execution errors.
- Review all daily reports to ensure completion of assigned work by team.
- Address inquires and escalations from internal departments, exam management, investors, and auditors
- Provide applicable training to support staff on operational procedures, FHA/VA Agency guidelines, troubleshooting techniques and systems.
- Perform quality review of Team Player performance
- Maintaining and developing policies and procedures as needed.
- Assist in required testing of Encompass updated fields/flow
- Other duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- Minimum requirement of 3 years of industry experience.
- Possess and demonstrate a broad, fundamental understanding of Post-Closing Operations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail
- Analytical, with ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of FHA/VA insuring guidelines
- Demonstrates Leadership Skills
- Builds Strong Working Relationships
- Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
- Customer/External Focus
- Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team (people leaders only)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft computer applications, inclusive of Excel
- Proficient with Encompass Loan operating System
Training / Licensing Requirements
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable
This position will work full time in the West Palm Office
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.